Tuesday, May 30, 2006

3. The Flow institute.

"Everytime you spend money you cast a vote for the type of world you want to live in." These guys are making a big point about consumerism and overconsumption, and somehow selling $5 bottles of nothing labeled 'peace of mind' in order to do it. Sardonic examples of what progress and industrialization have done to create imbalances in the world take the form of anti-design packaging that coincidentally, I find quite pleasing. I'm not sure if it's because I remember those ugly yellow packages in the cupboards that read "cereal" and "cola" when I was a kid or what, but I like what they say and I like how they look. Simplicity of material and design can work well, and apparently are the perfect vehicle for this message.

The Flow Institute

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home