Tuesday, June 06, 2006

7. Vonage's New Look.

I noticed a new logo on a vonage commercial this weekend, and although not impressed, I have to admit it looks a little more like what you'd expect from a technology company...which is both good and bad. Though I'm not sure why some designers feel the need to add little swooshes and weird little elements that make no sense, in this case the blue dot over the V. I'd rather the logo cleverly hint at what vongage does, especially because the name certainly does not. I believe this logo coincides with the company going public in May, but isn't the blue and orange a little too close to cingular (even though AT&T is killing that brand later). I'm still trying to figure out who designed this - and if it was in-house. Anybody know more?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but I disagree.

In the new logo, the blue dot is a head, and the "V" makes the upraised arms - combining to make a little person with upstreached limbs - probably a customer shaking his or her fists in outrage at being forced to comply with Vongage stock purchasing agreements!

I thought this was obvious! Aren't you the Graphics professor? How did you miss it! ;)

6/06/2006 03:00:00 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Yeah, I assumed it was a person...but I like your interpretation much better.

6/06/2006 03:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home