Tuesday, June 20, 2006

16. The World Cup Logo.

I've been meaning to blog about this for a little while now – because as is the case with any large event (The Super Bowl, The Olympics, the liteny of all-star games...) – the logo design is always controversial. It's no different than with this year's World Cup. (Which I have surprisingly been quite interested in...though if the US loses, I'm out too.) Here's one designer's take on the logo, Erik Spiekermann. Also, be sure to read the client's rationale here. And if you are a graphic historian, you can peruse earlier logos here. Designing for a world-wide stage is about as much pressure as you'll ever face as a designer, but what do you think?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it looks like the logo for an insane asylum...what do you think?

6/21/2006 02:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah: First, I'm happy. Then I"m sad. Finally, I'm wacky-crazy!

6/21/2006 10:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home