Thursday, June 08, 2006

8. The American Airlines' NBA Playoffs.

In a slightly odd twist of fortune, American Airlines is going to be the sponsor of both stadiums in this year's NBA Finals. The airline pays around $8 million in naming rights per year, including the American Airlines Center, home of the Dallas Mavericks; and the American Airlines Arena, which the Miami Heat call home. Of course, they won't have a monopoly on sponsorship as each pregame, halftime, postgame and post-postgame show will probably have their own separate backing. This will most likely include southwest Airlines, just b/c they seem to be everywhere. I have to say that although I like the design on the Dallas stadium better, the one in Miami is the most effective if you're looking from above. I hope I get to design a roof someday ... and I was oh-so-close to being able to design the planes for a major airline this past year. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home