Thursday, August 17, 2006

32. Snakes on a Plane, it ain't.

A new documentary about typography, graphic design and visual culture is going to be released in early 2007, called Helvetica. Celebrating the typefaces' 50th birthday, the film exlpores the world of design, advertising, psychology and communication while promising to be a unique look at the power of typography in our urban world. Shot in high-def by Swiss Dots, a london independent media company, the film is directed and produced by Gary Hustwit.

You can follow news about the film and its release on (gulp) my space here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Johanna Beyenbach said...

I just read about this! I'm excited to see it. And luckily, I'll probably be in NY and WILL be able to see it. We both know such is not usually the case with Richmond. I told my typography-obsessed friend about it, to which he responded "I know! It provoked me to friend Helvetica on Myspace!" A typeface with a Myspace account - somehow that doesn't surprise me.

8/21/2006 07:17:00 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

To think, now I feel badly that Bodoni doesn't have it's own myspace account. Maybe that's something to correct, hmmmm...

I'm thinking that my chances of seeing it in San Fran are pretty good too. At least I hope so. And I bet it's going to be worth viewing too.

Thanks for the comment!

8/22/2006 05:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home