Wednesday, September 13, 2006

36. Cingular in Sprint's Clothing.

Two days ago, I spotted something peculiar on my bus ride to work. (I was late for the ferry, so I had to take this less sophisticated mode of travel. Ha.) What looked to be a sprint ad was actually a cingular ad - mocking sprint while using their own visual standards. This idea, full-page on the back of the day's Wall Street Journal, would have been a lot better if the content were more interesting – or a few degrees more aggressive. It seems like the decision to use someone else's brand deserved a more powerful message. But I soon learned that sprint did something similar - though I'm having a tough time locating a visual for it. If nothing else, it's always interesting to watch a good fight. Here's a full-page version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home