Tuesday, November 28, 2006

61. New York Magazine's High Priority.

New York Magazine recently held a contest to design their High Priority feature for the year end double issue. Speak Up has posted the submissions with the winner being announced December 4th. (Yeah, I know it sorta sounds like spec work, but we'll leave that for another day.) For now, check out how other designers handled the constraints - if nothing else, it's fun to critique the work of others without having to put your own neck out there. (My personal favorites are done by Julia Townsend and Yann Legendre - even though this idea was in at least two other submissions, though executed with less craft.)

UPDATE: You can view the winner here which wasn't even in my top ten. I guess I have tired of using a major corporate logo and then changing it's meaning - must be all those stupid tshirts I saw at frat parties and emo concerts. But the runners up were great.

1 Comments:

Blogger gdegal13 said...

The uses of typography in these posters was really amazing. I particularly liked the ones that took the design and tried to bring in a real-life aspect to it, like the google one. I never really had a desire to design posters myself. I was amazed at the differences in execution and that the concepts really drove the design. It made me want to sit down and design a poster...who woulda thought.

12/02/2006 03:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home