Wednesday, January 03, 2007

66. Two Typography Articles.

The new year has arrived, and it finds me quite busy on many fronts. We have a lot of projects in the works here at Grant, Scott & Hurley of course, but in addition to that I'll be teaching an 11 week class at the Miami Ad School starting next week and I also plan on attending a letterpress workshop at the SF Center for the Book in the coming weeks. I'll be blogging about both of those in the near future.

Yesterday I came across a little typography resource that I'd like to share. It's an entry on a blog called Typies about choosing a good body copy typeface. It's not perfect by any means and the English is broken a bit - but it does bring up the majority of things one should consider when choosing a face for longer copy. (#11 is a pet peeve of mine about some font designers, as I've seen this 'm' many times. It can only be moderately corrected with kerning.)

And while we're on the subject of typography, here's another helpful entry on a blog by Mark Boulton giving five simple steps to better typography. And let me say, it's sad that most designers and art directors neglect these simple, yet important considerations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home